Texas State Fair 2016
September 30 to October 23, 2016 in Dallas, Texas!
The 130 year old Texas State Fair has a rich tradition and the largest attendance of all the state fairs in the United States. The 2015 Texas State Fair had over 3.5 million in attendance making it the largest state fair in the United States.
The 2016 Texas State Fair will feature a number of new unique attractions. The 2015 main stage featured popular music artists from across Texas and the United States. Past acts on the main state have included Blondie, Lyfe Jennings, Asleep at the Wheel, Emblem 3, Miranda Lambert, Mary J. Blige, Randy Travis and Weezer.
Texas State Fair 2016 Concert Lineup
The Texas State Fair 2016 mainstage concert lineup features a number of talented country, pop and rock musicians such as Craig Wayne Boyd, Lecrae, Lyfe Jennings and Emilio to name a few. All the main stage shows are included in the price of admission. View the Full 2016 Concert Lineup
The huge assortment of attractions at the Texas State Fair this year will include:
- The new and improved “Big Tex” statue that was revealed in 2013.
- The Midway featuring many popular rides including a 212 ft. Ferris Wheel
- Illumination Sensation light, music, water and pyrotechnic show along a 700 ft reflecting pool.
- Starlight Parade through Fair park every evening at 7:15 pm.
- Texas State Fair Auto Show featuring a first look at many of the 2016 showroom models.
- Free access to view birds from all over the world focusing on bird conservation.
- A truck obstacle course to try out new models from all the major truck brands.
- 4000 Pound sculpture made of butter!
- Chinese Lantern Festival .
- A greenhouse with plants, water features and exotic birds.
- Large gauge model train display.
- Kids Tractor Pull.
- Farmer Mike the Pumpkin Carver.
- Rides on the 1800 ft Texas Skyway.
- A giant sing along karaoke style!
- Free Daily musical performances.
- Texas Lottery Luck Zone .
- BMX Bike Show.
- The Dentzel Carousel.
- Celebrity Chefs demonstrating recipes in daily live shows.
- Free Children’s petting zoo.
- Free Children’s Activity Centre.
- Small scale rides appropriate for children.
- Pig Racing!
- Dog Agility Shows.
- State Fair Garden Exhibition
- Puppet Shows.
- Livestock on display.
Texas State Fair Tickets:
Tickets to the 2016 Texas State Fair can be purchased through the Texas State Fair Website www.bigtex.com
Texas State Fair Discounts:
There are a number of discounts offered every year at the Texas State Fair. Take advantage of some of them!
Things to do at the Texas State Fair:
There are so many things to do at the Texas State Fair that you probably cant fit it all into one day. If you need to narrow it down here is an article that we wrote on the Top 10 Things To Do At The Texas State Fair. It will help you plan your day at the fair.
Texas State Fair Food:
There are so many unusual and delicious food items to try at the Texas State Fair. Most of them are deep fried but since this state fair is in Texas there is also a ton of succulent BBQ to try as well.
Texas State Fair Hours:
|Monday||10:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am – 9:00 pm|
*Gates open at 7am, fair opens at 10am.
Texas State Fair Parking:
The State Fair of Texas is conveniently located in Fair Park just two miles east of downtown Dallas. There are more than 20,000 parking spaces surrounding the grounds.
Travel and Accommodations:
There are a wide variety of hotels in the Dallas area. Here is a map of Hotels in Dallas.
What’s your favorite thing to do at the Texas State Fair?